Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys® Distracted Driving Holiday Campaign
At Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys®, we feel strongly about drivers who choose to text and drive. After all, they continue to put motorcyclists in danger. Texting while driving has become a very hot topic among safety advocates and law makers. They are beginning to fully realize the threat cell phones pose on our roadways—and the dangers of texting while driving. In fact, there are already laws in place that prohibit the use of cell phones and make texting while driving illegal. Currently, 39 states plus D.C. prohibit all drivers from texting while driving.
Sadly, every year in the United States, over 80,000 motorcyclists are injured in motorcycle accidents and 4500 of those are killed. Many of these accidents were caused by inattentive and distracted drivers who simply failed to notice the motorcyclist on the roadway. Cell phone use and texting distracts drivers from the road and increase their likelihood of being involved in an accident.
Statistics Don’t Lie
- In 2011, 23% of all auto collisions involved cell phones—this amounts to 1.3 million crashes
- Texting takes your eyes off the road for a minimum of 5 seconds
- 13% of all drivers age 18-20 admitted to talking or texting at the time of their accident
- Teenagers that text while they are driving spend 10% of their time driving outside of their own lane!
- 48% of young drivers have seen their parents drive while talking on a cell phone
- About 6,000 deaths and a half a million injuries are caused by distracted drivers each and every year
- Talking on a cell phone makes a young driver’s reaction time as slow as that of a 70 year old
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys®
The answer is clear—don’t text and drive. If we as adults continue to show restraint when behind the wheel of a vehicle and stay away from our cell phones, then maybe this new generation of young drivers will follow our example. If not, then everyone on America’s roadways will continue to be in danger—including motorcyclists.
At Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys®, we feel passionately about texting and driving. So much so, that we have created a new public service announcement sticker specifically aimed at decreasing the number of drivers who text while driving.
“Keep Me Alive Don’t Text And Drive.”
Get your free sticker at https://www.killabikergotojail.com and help get drivers everywhere to put down their cell phones.
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney immediately. The motorcycle accident attorneys at Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys® fight aggressively for all of our clients and to ensure that each one of our clients receives the compensation they need to fully recover after a devastating motorcycle accident. Call us today to learn more about our law firm or BAM, our free roadside and legal assistance program. Call us at 1-800-4-BIKERS today.